Saturday, July 31, 2010

I Can Read About Ghosts (Erica Frost, Troll Associates, 1975)

I can... nay, WILL, read about ghosts...and it won't take me that long, because this 1975 book I Can Read About Ghosts (Erica Frost, illustrations by Frank Brugos, published by Troll Associates), part of a series of "I Can Read About..." titled books that also included "...Witches" and "...Dinosaurs", is only about 25 sentences long.

I Can Read About Ghosts is about a harmless little ghost named Andrew who aspires to some day be scary enough to haunt the old castle at the top of Whispering Hill.

While Andrew is creeping around the castle, a family moves in, giving him an opportunity prove himself to The Great Ghost and the rest of of the ghost council. Here's a selection of pages.

Hey look--Andrew is hiding in, uh, The Bespooked Clothes Cabinet!

5 comments:

Burgin Streetman said...

I sooo love this!

idrawtoons said...

aThanks for posting all of these 'scary' books! They are great fun, I have actually hunted down a couple for my own collection, much to my wife's chagrin! Keep up the great work!

Dex said...

Thanks for this post! I've been going through some of the Halloween audio I've accumulated over the years and was searching to see if anyone had the book scanned for this record.

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to have this again! I keep trying youtube to hear the record but no go. Do you have the record you could upload?

Brother Bill said...

Sorry Eva, no record, just the book.